Lavender Oil has a beautiful, versatile aroma. It is anti-bacterial and is a must-have. Its calming and sedative properties make Lavender Bath Oil a wonderful oil to help relax, fight stress and to promote sleep.
Lavender Bath Oil is well known for its sedative properties and for its ability to help calm stress and anxiety and to help promote sleep. If used in excess, however, Lavender Oil can actually act as a stimulant.
- Acne treatment: Lavender bath oil can be a big help in the fight against acne, particularly for those who wish to carry out a more natural regimen or who have sensitive skin. Acne blemishes pop up on the skin when a bacterial infection occurs near the sebum gland, blocking sebum from being able to be released properly out of the pore. What lavender essential oil does is inhibits the growth of the bacteria that causes the infection, while helping to regulate sebum overproduction. The result is clear pores and proper oil secretion and production.
- Helps to ease insomnia: Lavender essential oil relaxes the body and mind, and this can help to alleviate bouts of insomnia. Placing a few drops of lavender essential oil in a nebulizing diffuser, or putting a couple of drops on your pillowcase at night, can help you to shut your mind off and allow your body to drift off to sleep.
- Alleviates anxiety and stress: Stress, anxiety, and all of the related symptoms that come along with these conditions can be helped with lavender bath oil. In the same way that the oil relaxes the mind to welcome sleep, it also relaxes the mind to ward off the effects of stress and anxiety. When inhaled, the oil has been shown to have a positive effect in relieving headaches, lowering the heart rate, and clearing brain fog caused by stress.
- Helps digestion: Aromatherapy with lavender essential oil may also aid in proper digestion by helping the mobility of food on its way through the intestine. Lavender essential oil may even help the body to better produce stomach acids and bile, which can help to alleviate gastrointestinal conditions.
- Calms respiratory problems: Lavender essential oil can also help to calm respiratory problems, making it your best friend the next time you’re feeling under the weather. Whether diffused or applied to the skin of the neck, chest, or back, inhaling the lavender essential oil vapors can calm the respiratory system while also stimulating and loosening mucus and congestion. This ability to effectively eliminate mucus can give the body just what it needs to take control of and beat the virus in a faster and more comfortable fashion.